Augusta Premises Liability Attorney
Getting injured on someone else’s property can cause you a lot of pain. On top of that, you might struggle financially due to medical bills and missed time from work. At The Hawk Firm, we believe the property owner who acted negligently should pay for your losses. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your financial stability after negligence causes you harm.
An Augusta premises liability attorney from our firm can help you get the money you need to move forward with your life. Our attorneys can start advocating for you today. Call us now to begin your no-obligation consultation. Contáctenos us for more information.
Table of Contents
Why Work With the Injury Lawyers at The Hawk Firm?
You shouldn’t have to manage a complicated injury case without help. You deserve to focus on your recovery period, friends, and family. There are many benefits to partnering with our personal injury team, including:
We Offer Free Case Consultations
As noted, we offer no-obligation consultations where you can get answers to your case-related questions.
You can learn about:
- The benefits of partnering with our premises liability attorneys
- The results we’ve secured for others in your situation
- What you should and shouldn’t do after getting hurt
- What challenges can arise in a personal injury case
- Your legal options
- What goes into filing a lawsuit
- Who we could hold accountable for your losses
We don’t sugarcoat anything. We pride ourselves on offering honest, blunt legal counsel to our clients. This way, they can remain updated on their case’s progression and make confident legal decisions.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Right now, you could stress about paying your medical bills and making up for lost work. We don’t want to stress you further by charging attorney’s fees. That’s why we help premises liability claimants in Augusta on a contingency-fee basis.
In this arrangement:
- You don’t pay anything upfront to retain our help.
- A portion of your settlement accounts for our services.
- You pay nothing if your case doesn’t succeed.
- You don’t pay anything from your savings for our services.
Now, you can start a free consultation where we can talk about our partnership in further detail. There is no obligation to work with us when you call, and we’re ready to answer your questions.
We Want to Ensure You Get Fairly Compensated
After reviewing your case, we can explain how much compensation you deserve. Our attorneys can review your injuries’ severity, financial obligations, and other details to pursue what you need.
We Put Our Clients’ Needs Above Everything Else
Many firms only care about the bottom line. Because of this, they try to reach quick settlements. They might sacrifice their clients’ needs to prioritize their own. This isn’t the case with our premises liability attorneys serving Augusta. We treat your accident case like it’s the only one we have. We aim to secure the best possible outcome for your case, whether through tense negotiations or a challenging courtroom battle.
How Can Our Attorneys Help in a Premises Liability Case?
We strongly recommend hiring an attorney for your premises liability case. We can help you navigate the ins and outs of seeking damages. We also take on your case’s many obligations, so you can focus on healing.
From dealing with the other party to proving the property owner’s negligence, our attorneys can do it all. You don’t have to worry about a thing when you work with our firm.
Our attorneys can:
- Investigate your case. When you start working with our firm, we thoroughly investigate your accident’s details. Proving that the property owner is at fault for your injuries is an important step to recovering compensation. To accomplish this, we can collect evidence from the accident scene, interview witnesses, and review any incident reports.
- Speak to the insurance company. After you sustain an injury, the insurance company might contact you. It may offer less compensation than you need, knowing you might need money fast to pay for your medical bills. We can speak to the insurance company on your behalf so you don’t say anything that could harm your case. We can also assess any settlement offers and advise you on whether to accept one.
- Negotiate a fair deal. We hope to resolve your case through out-of-court negotiations. Our team has skilled negotiators who can prepare a solid case as to why you deserve compensation.
- Represent you in court, if necessary. If we cannot reach a settlement, we aren’t afraid to take your case to court. We can present your case’s facts, prove negligence, and advocate for what you need.
You can expect the attorneys at The Hawk Firm to guide your case to a fair conclusion.
We Manage All Case-Specific Deadlines
Georgia law dictates that you generally have two years from the accident’s date to file a lawsuit. If you meet with us soon after the accident, our attorneys can ensure you meet this requirement. If you contact us outside of this deadline, the courts could bar you from seeking damages.
We Can Prove Your Premises Liability Case’s Required Elements
Every successful premises liability case rests on proving negligence. This means showing that, because a property owner didn’t keep their property in good shape, you or a loved one suffered injuries. To bolster your claim, we must prove:
Duty of Care (the Other Party’s Civil Obligation)
Georgia law says that all property owners, whether they own public or private property, must keep their premises safe for all lawful guests.
- Sealing off dangerous areas
- Warning visitors of potential harm
- Restraining aggressive animals
- Addressing hazards (such as puddles) as soon as they form
- Securing the property from intruders
- Keeping certain areas (such as parking garages) lit
Breach of Duty (Negligence)
When a property owner does not keep their premises safe, they violate their duty of care. This makes them liable for any resulting injuries. Property owners must monitor their premises or anticipate certain hazards. Both of these measures can keep people from suffering injuries.
Causation (a Hazard Caused Your Condition)
Using eyewitness testimony, security camera footage, and the accident report, we can prove that a hazard on the property caused your injuries. To contest your case, the other party may blame you for causing the accident. We don’t tolerate accusations of fault. We intend to use evidence and combat any allegations that hurt your case.
Damages (Injury-Related Losses)
The final part of proving negligence requires us to prove that because you suffered harm, you have various losses. These losses can range from medical bills to pain and suffering. We can use your injury-related billing statements, invoices, and receipts to prove this element.
Our Premises Liability Attorneys in Augusta Can Seek the Recovery You Need
If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, you could hold them financially accountable through a claim or lawsuit. Compensation in your case could comprise both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages consist of your direct financial losses and include:
- Medical treatment: You could recover compensation for your past, present, and future healthcare expenses. These losses can include medications, surgery, and hospitalization. It is essential to keep any bills or receipts you get regarding your healthcare. That way, we can seek fair recovery for your losses.
- Lost income: If you had to miss work due to your injuries, you can recover any job-related revenue, such as lost tips, benefits, bonuses, and commissions. We can also seek any long-term harm to your earning capacity, if you live with a long-term condition.
- Funeral costs: You may have lost a loved one due to a property owner’s negligence. You shouldn’t have to spare any expense when arranging their funeral. We can seek reimbursement for the cost of the funeral, memorial service, urn, and other related expenses.
Economic damages are often easy to calculate because they usually have receipts or bills. The goal of economic damages is to make you whole financially again after getting hurt. Non-economic damages are different. These comprise your losses that relate to your overall physical and emotional health.
Some examples include:
- Pain and suffering. When people sustain injuries, they can deal with a great deal of pain. The liable party should have to pay for the pain you experience because of your injuries. How much you can recover for pain and suffering depends on your situation, including your estimated recovery period.
- Emotional distress. After sustaining an injury, you might have negative psychological impacts. If you suffer from anxiety, depression, or other emotional issues because of your injuries, you could recover compensation through a claim or lawsuit.
- Disability. A premises liability incident may leave you permanently disabled. If you need help walking or accomplishing basic tasks, you can seek compensation for the hardship of being disabled.
These are just some damages you could seek with our team’s help.
Questions and Answers About Premises Liability Cases in Augusta
Some questions we frequently get from people in your situation include:
Where Do Premises Liability Incidents Happen?
Premises liability incidents can happen anywhere, any time.
Previously, we’ve helped people recover compensation after suffering injuries at/in:
- Parking garages
- Shopping malls
- Hotels and resorts
- Amusement parks
- Grocery stores
- Residences, including apartments, trailers, and houses
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Swimming pools
We can advocate for you, no matter where your accident happened.
What Injuries Warrant Compensation?
If you suffered harm on another party’s property, you can seek recovery for your medical bills and other related expenses.
We’ve helped people suffering from:
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as brain bleeds and concussions
- Spinal cord trauma, including paralysis
- Broken bones
- Deep lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Puncture wounds
- Nerve damage
- Mental health complications, including post-traumatic stress disorder
- Torn ligaments
- Strained tendons
As previously mentioned, we also advocate for families who have lost loved ones.
What Should I Do After a Premises Liability Accident in Augusta?
Seeking medical attention is one of the most important things you can do after getting hurt. Some serious conditions, such as brain trauma, do not immediately present symptoms. By visiting a healthcare provider, you take the first step toward reaching maximum medical improvement.
After your accident, you should also leave all insurance-related matters to your personal injury attorney. We can assess settlement offers, protect you from bad faith insurance practices, and file your claim. We can also manage all communications with claims adjusters and other involved parties.
What if the Insurance Company Denies My Claim?
You have options if the insurance company denies your claim. One of those options includes filing a civil lawsuit. In this situation, you sue the property owner for their failure to keep their premises safe. Filing a lawsuit requires us to obey the statute of limitations, present compelling evidence, and follow courtroom procedure.
Going to court may feel intimidating. Yet, it doesn’t have to be with our team advocating for you. Throughout your case’s progression, you can expect honest legal care from those invested in your case’s outcome.
How Long Does It Take to Recover Damages?
At this time, we’re not sure how long it could take to resolve your case. We hope to resolve it as soon as possible. That way, you can put this challenging time behind you and move forward.
Contact Our Augusta Premises Liability Team Today
If you’re struggling financially after suffering harm on another party’s property, an attorney from our firm can help. We have helped many people recover the compensation they need after getting hurt. Our firm works tirelessly to hold the other party accountable for your losses.
Contact a premises liability attorney in Augusta today at (706) 724-8537. At The Hawk Firm, we offer free consultations to all potential clients. As mentioned, there is no obligation to work with us; just a chance to explore your options. For more information, reach out to an Augusta personal injury lawyer.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Star Review
“Best Law Firm in the CSRA! Thank you Hawk Firm for handling all of my legal needs with outstanding professionalism! Highly recommend The Hawk Firm to anyone in need of legal services!” -Rob W.