Augusta Rideshare Accident Lawyer
The rise of rideshare services, exemplified by industry giants like Uber and Lyft, has revolutionized the way people get around in today’s fast-paced world. These convenient and accessible platforms have undeniably transformed the landscape of transportation. However, alongside the convenience, there comes a growing concern about the potential dangers associated with rideshare accidents.
Rideshare drivers are human, just like everyone else. They make mistakes. Still, this offers little consolation in the aftermath of a serious accident involving one of these vehicles. After being involved in a rideshare collision, you may face a lengthy recovery period, lost income, and other challenges. It’s important to understand your rights if you have been injured in a crash involving a rideshare service. You may be able to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for your losses.
If you’re looking for an Augusta rideshare accident lawyer, you’ve come to the right place. The Hawk Firm advocates for people in situations like yours.
Table of Contents
- How Our Augusta Attorneys Can Help After a Rideshare Accident
- We Can Help You Recover Compensation Following Your Rideshare Collision
- What Should I Do After a Rideshare Accident in Augusta?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Rideshare Accident Cases in Augusta
- Contact an Augusta Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
Why Choose The Hawk Firm for Your Rideshare Accident Case?
When you choose The Hawk Firm, we manage your rideshare accident case from start to finish.
- Transparent and trusted legal solutions. When we represent you, you can rest assured knowing we have your best interests at heart. We keep you in the loop with frequent case updates, so you feel confident making decisions.
- Adherence to state deadlines. Georgia law limits how long you have to file a lawsuit following a collision. We intend to follow the statute of limitations and any other deadline that affects your case.
- To feel empowered. We don’t want you to feel like a victim following a rideshare accident. Instead, we want you to feel empowered when it comes to your legal options. As the injured party, you have every right to demand fair compensation.
- A free consultation to discuss your case. You can turn to us when you aren’t sure who to turn to. You can speak to a team member at no cost to learn about your options. We can also explain your next steps moving forward.
- 24/7 availability. When you call us for a consultation, a team member is always available to take your call. We don’t want you to feel alone in your time of need.
Our goal is to always do right by our clients. When you trust us to take on your case, we never want you to feel disappointed. We go above and beyond to ensure our clients feel supported and receive the legal guidance they desire. The Hawk Firm provides transparent and trusted legal solutions that fight for individual freedom, prey on injustice, and provide peace of mind.
How Our Augusta Attorneys Can Help After a Rideshare Accident
When we start working on your case, we:
- Investigate the accident: Our team can investigate your collision to determine its cause and whose insurance will cover your losses. We can collect evidence and review police reports to get a thorough picture of what happened.
- Determine liability: After a rideshare accident, determining liability takes more than figuring out who caused the accident. The rideshare driver’s status when the accident happened plays a huge role in who should pay for your losses.
- Speak to the insurance company: When recovering from your injuries, you won’t have to speak to the insurance company. We can take care of all communications for you. That way, you won’t have to go toe-to-toe with aggressive claims adjusters.
- Negotiate a settlement: Once we determine liability, we can negotiate with the insurance company to reach a fair agreement. Our team understands insurance companies’ tactics to get people to accept low offers, and we can combat that with our negotiating techniques.
- Go to court: If we don’t settle with the insurance company, we can go to court on your behalf. Our team has trial lawyers ready to present your case to a judge and jury. We come prepared with a solid strategy to help you receive maximum compensation.
Our firm’s Augusta rideshare accident lawyers can do all the legal legwork. The only thing you need to focus on is recovering from your injuries. Our car accident attorneys are always happy to answer your questions or provide status updates.
We Can Help You Recover Compensation Following Your Rideshare Collision
After sustaining a car accident injury, the law allows you to seek compensation from those who have injured you. Calculating your losses is one of the first tasks we can undertake. That way, we come to the negotiating table with a firm idea of how much you’re owed.
Recoverable damages in your case may comprise:
- Medical expenses, including future care costs and rehabilitation
- Lost income and other sources of job-related revenue
- Loss of future earning capacity (if your condition affects your working ability)
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Loss of consortium
- Mental trauma
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as childcare costs
Some of these damages are easier to calculate than others. For example, economic damages include medical expenses, lost income, and property damage. They are actual monetary losses you could prove by providing documentation or receipts.
Liability for Your Losses Depends on the Rideshare Driver’s Status
There are unique legal considerations when filing a car accident claim related to rideshare services such as Uber or Lyft. These cases often involve multiple parties – the rideshare driver, the company, and potentially other drivers. It’s crucial to note that both Uber and Lyft typically provide insurance coverage for their drivers, which can be applicable depending on the circumstances of the accident. Navigating the complexities of such claims can be challenging, but it’s essential to ensure you understand your rights and the specific details of the accident to pursue a successful claim. Seeking legal counsel experienced in rideshare accident cases is often advisable to navigate this process effectively.
After an accident caused by a rideshare driver, liability depends on the mode the driver was in. Uber and Lyft provide similar insurance coverage in these situations. Your coverage options may depend on whether:
The Driver Had the App on or Off
If the driver had the app off, their personal insurance coverage applies. This is because they weren’t actively working for the rideshare company when the incident occurred. All motorists must have liability insurance. This covers the other party’s losses in a collision.
The Driver Was Available or Waiting for a Ride Request
If the driver had the app on and was seeking a ride request, Uber and Lyft provide the following insurance coverage in the case of an accident:
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
The Driver Was En Route to Pick up a Passenger or Had a Passenger
If the driver was actively completing a request when the collision happened, both Uber and Lyft offer more coverage than the limits listed above.
These limits include:
- $1,000,000 third-party liability
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and/or first-party injury insurance
They also offer contingent comprehensive collision insurance. They could pay up to the actual cash value of a car with a $2,500 deductible.
What Should I Do After a Rideshare Accident in Augusta?
Your next steps largely depend on your situation. If you’re able to get the contact information of witnesses and take photos of your vehicle’s damage, you could help build your case. However, if you’re dealing with a serious condition and can only focus on your health, don’t worry about the considerations listed below. These are only recommendations that could help your case move forward.
Get Medical Attention
Getting medical attention accomplishes two primary goals:
- It helps you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI). With a doctor’s help, you could regain your full range of motion and decrease any pain you’re feeling. You can also work to counter any complications that could arise from your condition.
- It generates supporting evidence. Our team must demonstrate that you suffered injuries in the rideshare collision. Your doctor’s testimony, imaging scans, and lab test results can all attest to your condition’s severity.
We also recommend following through with your treatment plan, which may include going to physical therapy and taking certain medications.
Document Your Accident-Related Damages
The more information we have to support your case, the more willing the insurer could be to settle. Our team of investigators can interview witnesses, document your out-of-pocket losses, and consult with field experts. However, we could use your help when documenting your damages.
We encourage you to keep all invoices, receipts, and other items related to your damages. This information helps us show the insurer that you deserve the amount we’re requesting.
Refer All Settlement Offers to Your Lawyer
After getting legal help, the insurer doesn’t have the right to call you. Some insurance companies are notorious for taking advantage of injured people, with some even resorting to unscrupulous practices to deny compensation. Your team of advocates can manage all communications with the insurer, including potential settlement offers. That way, you don’t feel pressured to accept less compensation than you need.
Limit What You Share Publicly Online
Even posting a photo of yourself online can tell the insurer a thousand words about your situation—even if most of those words aren’t necessarily true. You want to keep information about your personal life, recovery period, and accident between you and your lawyer.
The more information about yourself you post online, the more reason the insurer could have to discredit your case. For instance, the claims adjuster could see a photo of you at a party and assume you’re not as injured as you claim. We recommend adjusting your privacy settings or avoiding posting to social media throughout your case’s progression.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Rideshare Accident Cases in Augusta
Rideshare accidents are on the rise across the country. Each day, it seems like more and more rideshare accident claimants come to us with their questions. We’ve compiled some of those questions below, so you can make informed decisions about your case.
Why Partner With The Hawk Firm?
Attorney Jacque D. Hawk is a founding member of The Hawk Firm. When he was a child, his father got in two separate accidents—both of which almost took his life. These accidents required extensive medical treatments, causing him to have expensive medical bills.
Because of this experience, Jacque Hawk knew he wanted to become an attorney and help people who have sustained injuries like his father. He wants each client to receive compensation for their injuries so they don’t have significant medical debt because of an accident that wasn’t their fault. He treats each client like family, and every case like his own.
What Are Some of the Leading Causes of Rideshare Accidents?
Driver error is the leading cause of all traffic accidents, including those involving rideshare vehicles. Driver error includes distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding. If a negligent rideshare driver caused your accident, we could hold both them and the rideshare company responsible. Fault and liability ultimately depend on your situation.
What Do Previous Clients Have to Share About The Hawk Firm?
We have countless five-star reviews, each one attesting to our commitment to client success. Some previous clients have described us as professional, responsive, and honest. We also have earned many accolades in our years of serving injured people. One of our accolades is membership with the Million-Dollar Advocates Forum. Only law firms that have recovered more than $1 million in damages can join.
What Injuries Allow Me to Seek Financial Recovery in a Personal Injury Case?
If you required medical care because of a rideshare accident, you can seek damages.
Our law firm advocates for people suffering from:
- Soft-tissue injuries, such as sprains, strains, and whiplash
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Lost limbs
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Lawyer in Augusta?
The Hawk Firm understands that a rideshare accident can cause significant financial strain. You shouldn’t have to make sacrifices or dip into your savings to afford a lawyer. So, we offer help on a contingency-fee basis. You pay nothing—no upfront fees, costs, or retainers—for us to break ground on your case. We only request compensation once we secure a settlement or court award from the liable party.
Contact an Augusta Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
Getting into a rideshare accident could leave you with devastating injuries. Maybe you’re now left with expensive medical bills or have to miss work. These factors can cause huge financial stress. However, you shouldn’t have to struggle financially because of the actions of someone else. Jacque, Erin, and the rest of our experienced legal team can help you.
Contáctenos our rideshare accident team in Augusta today for a free consultation. Dial (706) 429-5529. When you contact our firm, our personal injury lawyers will listen to what happened and explain your next steps. We’re available around the clock to assist you.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Star Review
“Best Law Firm in the CSRA! Thank you Hawk Firm for handling all of my legal needs with outstanding professionalism! Highly recommend The Hawk Firm to anyone in need of legal services!” -Rob W.