Augusta Brain Injury Lawyer
The brain is one of the most important organs in the body yet is only protected by our thin skulls. This isn’t much protection when it comes to a traumatic brain injury. This lack of protection and importance makes brain injuries caused by trauma one of the number one killers in the country. A severe brain injury can result in injuries that stay with you for life
Some people are never the same after a traumatic brain injury. They might struggle with basic tasks, experience mood swings, and deal with constant confusion. Brain injury victims and their families shouldn’t have to deal with a legal case on their own—and that’s where we come in.
An Augusta brain injury lawyer from The Hawk Firm can guide you through the claims process. We have helped many brain injury victims get the money they need to pay for their medical bills and recover lost wages. Call us now to begin your free consultation.
Table of Contents
- What Constitutes a Traumatic Brain Injury?
- Why Partner With an Attorney on a Brain Injury Claim?
- How Much Compensation Should I Expect From a Brain Injury Claim?
- We Advocate for Brain Injury Claimants Following These Incidents
What are the Most Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury?
The CDC defines Traumatic Brain Injury, or TBI, as “a disruption in the normal function of the brain that can be caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head, or penetrating head injury”. Seniors and kids are most at risk for a TBI; anyone can suffer from one. TBI’s happen all the time from various incidents, but some of the most common are substance abuse, car accidents, and sports injuries. A TBI is incredibly serious and can result in extended hospital stays, rehab, and a complete life change. The truth is, TBI’s can sometimes end in paralysis, if not death. If you’ve suffered a TBI, you likely qualify for damages if the accident was caused by another person’s negligence. Your best bet is to speak with a qualified traumatic brain injury lawyer who can help you put together a plan going forward.
Do Brain Injuries Have Long-Term Consequences?
There are certain injuries that don’t always affect the rest of your life; injuries to the brain or heart aren’t on that list. Simply put, a brain injury can change your life. The brain controls our bodies and allows us to think, so a traumatic brain injury can take away your ability to live a normal life. The majority of TBI’s have lifelong effects. If your life has been flipped upside down due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, there need to be consequences. That party needs to be held responsible.
What Constitutes a Traumatic Brain Injury?
If brain tissue or brain cells are damaged, it’s considered a brain injury. This can easily lead to the rest of the body shutting down, since everything is controlled by the brain. It’s hard to return to a normal life once you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury. You may need additional care for the rest of your life. Brain injury claims are complex, and you need a lawyer who is experienced with the complicated legal system in order to ensure you and your loved ones are taken care of.
We Offer Comprehensive Legal Help When You Want It Most
Some benefits of partnering with our injury firm include:
- We can investigate the circumstances of your accident. Through our investigation, we can find and use evidence to support your case. Once we determine the liable party, we can pursue compensation from them.
- Our attorneys fight for compensation. Often, people might only try to recover compensation for the monetary losses they endured, such as their medical bills or lost income. We work hard to help you recover your financial and non-financial losses.
- We have achieved successful results for our past clients. Our past case results prove that we go the extra mile for each client. We do everything possible to set our clients up for financial success once their cases resolve.
- We are available 24/7. At The Hawk Firm, we understand the importance of responsiveness. We want our clients to reach a team member at all times. Your accident might occur outside of regular business hours. With us, you can speak with an attorney quickly and at all times of day and night.
These are just some of the services our law firm offers. You can learn more during a free consultation with our staff. There is no obligation to partner with us when you call. This conversation is an opportunity to explore your options.
We Offer Legal Support on a Contingency-Fee Basis
At The Hawk Firm, we know you have financial pressures after suffering a brain injury. The last thing we want is to add to your stress. That is why we offer:
- Free consultations: You can speak to a team member, and they can review your case for free. During this consultation, you can get answers to any questions you have. Our attorneys can inform you of steps we could take to help you recover compensation. If you partner with us, we can take on your case and start fighting for what you need.
- Help on contingency fees: You do not have to pay any upfront fees to hire our firm. Once you recover compensation, we take a percentage of your financial award. If you don’t recover compensation, then you don’t pay us. It’s that simple.
There is no financial risk to working with our firm. We want to give people who sustained brain injuries the opportunity to hold the liable parties accountable without worrying about the cost.
Why Partner With an Attorney on a Brain Injury Claim?
We strongly recommend getting an attorney from the Hawk Firm for a brain injury claim.
With us on your side, you can expect:
- To know how much your case is worth. Take out the guesswork of wondering how much you should receive through your claim. Our attorneys can review your damages and pursue what you’re owed.
- An advocate for what you need. We know how to speak to insurance companies in a way that can help them understand the losses you endured.
- Support that comes with 30-plus years of experience. Since 1984, we’ve advocated for injured people and their loved ones. In that time, we’ve learned how to deal with aggressive insurers and fight for what our clients need.
- More time to focus on yourself. Legal cases are time-consuming. Filing paperwork, gathering evidence, and communicating with the involved parties can dominate your free time. With us on your side, you can focus solely on your recovery.
Not only does having an attorney provide these benefits, but it takes away a lot of stress. The insurance claims or legal process is stressful for most people. With an experienced attorney by your side, you won’t have to feel like everything is on your shoulders. Our attorneys can provide comfort and support throughout this difficult time.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect From a Brain Injury Claim?
Every traumatic brain injury claim is vastly different. The amount of compensation you could recover varies based on the severity of the injury and the damages you incurred. Once you begin working with our firm, we could provide a better estimate of how much your case is worth.
We can seek:
Economic Damages Through Legal Action
You or a loved one could have substantial economic damages after sustaining a brain injury. If you had to undergo surgeries or stay in the hospital, you might have had a lot of out-of-pocket costs.
- Medical bills: After a brain injury, you might have substantial medical bills. Whether you had a short hospital stay or you had to have surgery, you could recover the compensation for those expenses. We can even consult with healthcare professionals to learn more about your damages’ projected cost.
- Rehabilitation costs: If the brain injury is severe enough, you might need to go through physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech therapy. You could include any of the costs you had to pay for these therapies in your claim.
- Lost income: If you missed work because of your injuries, you could include lost income, tips, bonuses, and commissions in your claim.
- Future loss of earning capacity: If your injury diminished your earning ability, you could recover compensation for this challenge. Our team can evaluate your earning power before and after your injury to determine what you need.
- Property damage expenses: You may have suffered a brain injury following a collision. If so, your claim could account for the cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: You may spend money on traveling to doctors, modifying your home, or getting assistive devices. You shouldn’t have to shoulder these financial costs; the other party should.
Our attorneys look for every type of damage you could recover. We leave nothing behind so you can recover the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
Non-Economic Damages Through a Claim or Lawsuit
People often forget non-economic damages when settling without an attorney. When you work with our team, we seek compensation for the pain you felt, both physically and emotionally.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: You could recover compensation for the physical pain you felt from your injuries. Brain injuries can cause intense pain throughout the body. So, this damage could make up a significant portion of your claim.
- Emotional distress: Any negative psychological impact you endured could provide you grounds to recover compensation for emotional distress. For instance, if you developed anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), you can seek compensation for that challenge.
We Seek Damages for Grieving Families in Augusta
If your loved one passed away from their injuries, we first want to extend our sincerest condolences. We want to do everything in our power to help you recover financially.
Compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- Funeral costs
- Burial fees
- Loss of consortium
- Final healthcare expenses, such as hospice and life support
- Your family’s pain and suffering
Your compensable losses ultimately depend on your situation. You can learn more about recoverable damages when you consult our wrongful death attorneys.
We Recommend Prompt Legal Action Following a Brain Injury in Augusta
If you sustained a brain injury because of someone else’s negligence, we recommend consulting our team as soon as possible. Why? You only have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the liable party. While this might seem like a long time, in the big scheme of things, it’s not.
There are many things we must do before filing a lawsuit, all of which take time.
Some of these tasks include:
- Investigating the case and determining who was liable
- Building a solid case strategy to prove why you deserve compensation
- Determining how much compensation we can seek by reviewing your damages
- Negotiating with the insurance company’s attorneys to develop an acceptable agreement
The statute of limitations isn’t the only time-sensitive aspect of your brain injury claim. We need evidence to support your case. Yet, that information won’t remain available for long. For instance, camera footage can get overwritten. Eyewitnesses could forget key details. The sooner you connect with us, the sooner we can start investigating your accident, injuries, and losses.
We Advocate for Brain Injury Claimants Following These Incidents
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), brain injuries occur because of a head bump, blow, or jolt.
We advocate for people after they’ve suffered:
- Collisions involving cars, trucks, bicycles, and pedestrians
- Slips, trips, and falls
- On-the-job accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Injuries from defective products
- Dog bites
- Construction accidents
If you suffered harm because of another party’s negligence, look no further for legal help. We offer comprehensive legal support to those who need it most
What Should I Do After Suffering a Traumatic Brain Injury in Augusta?
Considerations after suffering a traumatic brain injury include:
- Seeking medical attention. As you likely know, brain injuries are serious matters. You should seek medical care as soon as possible to promote your health. It’s also vital that you follow through with your treatment plan. Failing to do so could give the insurer reason to discredit your case.
- Documenting your losses. Keep all receipts, invoices, and billing statements related to your damages. This helps your lawyer calculate what you need.
- Limiting what you share online. Now is not the time to share your brain injury story online. The insurer can use anything you post to devalue your losses or contest your case. Only you, your immediate family, and your legal team need to know about your situation.
- Refraining from giving a recorded statement. Giving a recorded statement helps the insurer challenge your case. Your attorney can give the liable party the information it needs to evaluate your claim.
- Referring settlement offers to our legal team. The insurer’s first offer likely doesn’t account for the full scope of your damages. We know what your damages are worth. We can assess any offers and determine whether they meet your needs.
What to Know About Brain Injuries
According to Mayo Clinic, brain injuries typically result from a violent blow to the head. Mild traumatic brain injuries impact the cells temporarily. More severe brain injuries can impact the brain for the rest of the injured person’s life.
Based on the severity of the injury, the symptoms can range from mild to severe. Mild symptoms might include headaches, nausea or vomiting, or dizziness. Severe symptoms could include loss of consciousness, memory loss, confusion, slurred speech, and a coma.
Connect With The Hawk Firm on Your Brain Injury Claim in Augusta
Are you ready to take the first step toward seeking compensation? Connect with our legal team today by calling (706) 724-8537. During your consultation, we can discuss your case’s possible outcome, as well as other details. For more information, reach out to an Augusta personal injury lawyer.
We’re available 24/7 to learn your story. Remember: there’s no obligation to partner with us when you call.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Star Review
“Best Law Firm in the CSRA! Thank you Hawk Firm for handling all of my legal needs with outstanding professionalism! Highly recommend The Hawk Firm to anyone in need of legal services!” -Rob W.